Friday, March 26, 2010

On Things you Realize

Pardon me for taking such a long break from blogging. I would have wanted to blog as frequently as possible but my new job takes so much of my time that I end up sleeping during the only free time that I could find.

My new job btw entails site visits weekly, maybe once or twice and this takes a minimum of 2 hours travel time. What do I do during this awfully long trips?- For one, SLEEP is definitely on my list. (2) I try to jot down what else needs to be done.(God, im such a workaholic!) (3) talk to our trustee driver... (4) Eat then sleep again?!

To be honest, I dread long trips coz during those quiet moments (talking straight for 2 hours min. is a feat), thoughts you dont even want to think about start to creep in. If you know what I mean?

Let me share, a few interesting thoughts that eventually lead to realizations...

A good friend of mine from HS just confirmed the rumor that she actually is a mom now and has a 2 year old baby girl - Dont get me wrong,Im happy for her, but it lead me to think what kind of friend am I (this goes out to everyone in our gang too!) that this friend of mine was actually "afraid" to confide to me such things? It took her 2 years to tell us her situation. I was thinking, am I that hard to talk to? Or I wasnt an "active friend" then?

Just about everyone I get to meet, regardless of the gender, would always ask, "DO YOU HAVE A BF?" and if i say "NONE" they would say, WHY, YOURE SO PRETTY! MAYBE YOU HAVE HIGH STANDARDS! OR TOO PICKY" - Next time, Id wear a sign saying, "I DONT HAVE A BF! I DONT KNOW WHY TOO! IF I KNOW THE ANSWER,THEN I WOULDNT BE WEARING THIS!" OR better yet, "I DONT HAVE A BF! THE HELL YOU CARE!" HAHAHA!!!!

When someone goes to you with a problem, tells you everything, they dont actually expect you to give them an advice, they just actually need you to LISTEN!

It's not advisable to tell your parents "everything". Coz they remember everything too. Take my MOM for example. She remembers the darndest things and the "wrong" people (lawyers to be exact)! and when she does, it spells trouble for me. = FIND ANOTHER LAWYER TO RECOMMEND!

1 comment:

  1. haha! FUNNY!! Don't worry, I feel you!! especially with the no-boyfriend thing! MY GOD! seriously, I get that question a lot! from kids, from moms, from fellow friends...maybe the next thing i know, bums and strangers would ask me that question! geez! really.. if i knew the WHY i don't have a boyfriend, then I wouldn't be single now, would i? haha!!

    much love!

    ReplyDelete